Brad Mugford is a domain investor who runs DataCube.com. DataCube.com had its 25th birthday this year and is the 68th oldest domain registered.
Here is our quick chat with Brad.
These domains were mainly used for development projects.
After doing some research I was able to find out how much the domains sold for at auction.
3) How is business at DataCube and how do you feel about the overall domain market?
One major problem is the lack of liquidity.
This is no longer the case.
Afternic and SEDO reported sales will confirm that.
4) What do you specialize in and what have you had the most success buying and selling?
They have global awareness, usage, and credibility.
The worse the extension, the better the keyword needs to be.
5) How do you think the new tlds will change the domain industry?
6) Will you be a buyer of any domains in any new tlds?
There is hardly any resale value outside the top handful of keywords.
7) How do you feel the ever growing mobile Internet and apps will affect domain values?
Are all these companies going to have apps? Does a plumber in Boston really need an app?